Translate

Sunday, May 14, 2017

May in Georgia









First of all a big thanks to all of you that called, emailed or left comments with tips on taking good photos.  I appreciate all the tips and feedback.  After looking back over old photos as well as playing with the camera,  I have discovered that I have a good eye but a very unsteady hand.  However, it is a lot of fun to snap pictures and journal with a blog so I will keep going.

After five years in Georgia I have decided that May is my favorite month here.  It is cool in the mornings and evening, lots of sunshine and some good rains along with only a few hours of air conditioning needed.  I love airing the house out during the morning hours.  We were shocked that so many houses here have no screens.  So we purchased the sliding screens at the home improvement store and also a retractable screen for the door.  Problem solved!

I hope all Mothers, as well as any individuals that mother any living thing,  had a wonderful Mother's day today.  I had a nice long chat via phone with my son in Michigan and my fur baby, Annie,  has been extra sweet today.

Last but not least,  I wish to thank Magali for the inspiration to try a shadow picture.  She has a wonderful blog that you can find here:

http://thelittlewhitehouseontheseaside.blogspot.com




20 comments:

  1. Happy Mother's Day. We had our windows open until about lunch today. The air was so cool. Our cats always love when we have the windows open. I wish you luck attracting butterflies to your garden. Pick up a Lantana plant also. Both butterflies and hummers love that plant.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do have some Lantana here but did not realize that about the butterflies. I was told to plant it here because it holds up to the extreme summer heat.

      Delete
  2. Happy Mother's Day Jacqueline. Sounds like a productive time for you. I have to start looking at all the fix-ups we need to do around here now that we are home. Happy you have received a lot of good advice on taking photos. I always enjoy learning from my blogging friends.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Denise. Welcome home! I know you had a wonderful trip but it is always good to be back home.

      Delete
    2. It is indeed Jacqueline and great sleeping in my own bed :)

      Delete
  3. I love your shadow picture, which reminds me of my own, but your is beautifully framed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Magali. It was your shadow picture that inspired me to try one.

      Delete
    2. Thank you so much for adding my name, but please don't feel like you have to. I'm not an artist who thinks she owns "rights" ;)

      Delete
    3. I am happy to add your name and I think you ARE an artist!!

      Delete
  4. They don't have any screens on the windows in England but I have never seen houses here in Georgia without them! Must be the high class ones that never open their windows, I don't know any high class people! LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, that explains why I didn't understand it - I have never spent any time with the high classes :-) Imagine what they would think of my little $5 screen sliders...ha ha!

      Delete
  5. I love the shadow shot too! You look so elegant! And May is my favorite month...the month I met my hubby! Enjoy your week! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Elegant? Me? ha ha That is sweet that your favorite month is May because that is when you met your husband :-)

      Delete
  6. Hello Jackie, the shadow picture is lovely. You do look elegant, like a lady from the old times wearing a long dress and a hat. :)
    Of course you will keep going! Noticing things around us and taking photos is one of the bestest things to do. :) I take hundreds of photos every month... and every now and then comes out something interesting.
    Have a happy week! <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jacqueline, the shadow photo is charming. I love it! xo

    ReplyDelete